Well, folks…it’s that time of year again. The Winter 2014 session of the Biannual Blogathon bash has officially kicked off! What does that mean? From now until the end of the weekend, I will be spending a lot of time dedicated to improving my blog. Not just writing posts — taking care of all of the behind-the-scenes stuff that you guys don’t get to see or hear about. I joined in on the events last year and each time I had a blast learning more about what it takes to create a successful blog. The whole weekend is devoted to challenging yourself to complete blog-related activities that need to get done that you have (if you are a professional procrastinator like me) been putting off. This year, I have a list of challenges that I am going to work really hard to get through. Last year the challenge pretty much kicked my butt and think that is because I put too much on my list of things to do. And considering I am also spending this weekend trying to tame the beast that is my house in preparation for a 3 week houseguest that will arrive next week, I think it’s best that I focus on a few vital tasks. So here is what I want to tackle this weekend:
1. Autoschedule my two reviews for next week
2. Autoschedule two blog posts that I have had in my head for a while but haven’t gotten around to doing. Both of them are geared towards helping people to work from home.
3. Work on my social media presence. I would really like to engage the people who have decided to “follow’ me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
4. Learn how to create my own pinnable images. I really hate having to try to find things on google.
5. Manage to do all of this while also wrangling home and child into order.
6. Not pull out all of my hair.
7. Watch a little Doctor Who when I begin to feel overwhelmed. The Doctor does wonders for frazzled nerves.
What do you think –sound pretty do-able?
Are you a blogger? Have you ever participated in this event? Would you like to? You can still sign up to participate! Not only is it productive — it’s also a fun way to meet and network with other bloggers since we all meet up in the Facebook group to chat about our progress. And did I mention that there are Twitter parties and prizes? So come join us for a fun and productive weekend full of blogalicious tasks.